The Inventor Education Forum

my inventing experiences

View previous topic View next topic Go down

my inventing experiences

Post  supa on Mon 4 Feb 2013 - 5:45

Hi Inventors,
A month ago i have posted my topic "how i became an inventor" in this forum. Today i will share my real experiences with you. In the past 14 years i did many inventions and sell on my own website and build it up one by one when i have orders. When i first visit UIA and read many useful articles and advises, we were told to patent the idea first to legal protect it. I have followed the UIA instruction, then in December 2012 and January 2013 i have come up with new inventions but in stead of i post on my website and sales. I have stopped doing that, i spent so much time to write the articles and drawing to prepare for patent filling. And i did it, now i have pending patent numbers. Then i start to sell my patent by sending proposal to the targeted companies, manufacturers and investors. But i received zero respond, they point out so many questions and asking many requests which i can not afford to follow their demand as some requests ask me to get it verified by the 3rd accredited institutes like as TUV organization or University which cost more than the patent license i expected to sell. They don't even want to know that i have patented it, i spent a lot money on patent hope it will make more values than not doing it. So i get stuck now, it seems the world had come to the end for an inventor like me. I think i should not to patent it but, start selling on my website one by one through Paypal, Western Union and wire transfer as usual. I tried to find out why i fail, or may be Thailand is not a place for inventor. i might be in a wrong place and time (may be).

Could anyone advise what i should do now ? Thank you.

supa

Back to top Go down

more..

Post  supa on Mon 4 Feb 2013 - 6:00

in addition i send them the NDA to sign up, none of them willing to sign.

supa

Back to top Go down

Re: my inventing experiences

Post  jstar on Mon 4 Feb 2013 - 9:24

Dear Supa,
I am not a experienced inventor or a patent attorney but I think that being an inventor is not a easy road to take. Patents are just a piece of the puzzle. And rejection also comes with the territory. The key is to know when to leave something behind and start the next project. From my understanding, most companies will not sign NDA's. They might have one of their own for YOU to sign which you should read over very carefully before you make a decision. If the company tells you that you need certain tests done, than thats what you need. Thats why it is hard to educate people on your product. A simple and easy to use invention is more likely to catch someones attention than a "hyper-lux-capacitator-ultrasonic...... etc" You get the point. I don't think you should give up yet. Just reach for a dream that is a little closer than the one you are working on now. Good luck!

jstar

Back to top Go down

Post  supa on Mon 4 Feb 2013 - 10:14

Hi Jstar, Thank you for your advise. Yes you are right but only for those who has lot of money to wait and to see the final deal, no one know when it happen, may be one month, 6 months or years... for me i can't afford to do that and i can't go a head with other projects (my money is run out), i have to survive and compete with time, the more time it takes the more expense i had to pay my bill each month. I think i should turn my invention to commercial products and sell it on my website, yeh it might not one time big money but selling product one by one direct to end users this way i can continue my project.

supa

Back to top Go down

Post  jstar on Mon 4 Feb 2013 - 11:49

Dear Supa,
Good to hear that you do have a plan. I don't really know what you mean by "one time big money" but I guess you mean by getting a really BIG check? I don't think that it happens in a week or two. I think it is a long process like anything that needs much work and research to be done. As long as you are willing to put the hard work into something you see promising, you will succeed. Good luck.

jstar

Back to top Go down

Post  supa on Mon 4 Feb 2013 - 12:32

Dear Jstar, One time big money means selling the license (patent), yes you are right it is not that easy in a short time. I can't wait that long to see it happen and i'm not sure will it be. So my plan is to build it as a commercial appearance and post it to the website, end users can buy for their personal use. But i have to work hard in marketing, like as improve meta tag to top 10 ranking in google. This way i only invest on search engine ranking which cost around US$ 500 - $1000 or i can do the Search engine optimization (SEO) myself which may takes 2-3 months to see the concrete results. Once it is on top 10-20 ranking then i start to receive inquiry everyday, expecting 3 out of 10 generate orders, customers buy 1 unit each = 3 units every day. If my device cost 100 $ selling price then = 300 $/day or about 7500 $ /month. i can cover my target revenue within 2.2 months. This means i shall start receive revenue after 3 months search engines success. If my patent (license) goal at 16000 $ (one time big money) in granting the license right to companies or manufacturer, so i only take 3 months + 2.2 months = 5.2 months selling piece by piece to achieve the goal. And i don't care who will copy my product, it is hard to control, and hiring lawyer to prosecute the infringe it cost lot of money, if 100 people copy my product, this mean i have to pay 100 case to sue those people, the lawyer fee is huge. go to court is not funny and i don't like it. My time is to generate business for living. To continue selling i have to create new version and introduce to the market or create new invention every 5 months. Well that's OK for me as long as i can survive i have 24 hours inspiration to think of new product. // Thank you for your messages.

supa

Back to top Go down

Post  supa on Tue 5 Feb 2013 - 9:54

Hi, i am back.. today i have finished my web page preparing to sell on my website. Customers from Germany has accidentally visited my page, and they found my new products. Luckily today i can sell 3 units for US$ 665. Can't wait to see if my page is now on top 10-20 search engines ranking, i could imagine how much money i could make as I have my own workshop to produce goods piece by piece and delivery. Well my business plan is working. At this writing i have given up about making money from patent, it takes so much time and hopeless. Any progressive i will let you know. Cheers..

supa

Back to top Go down

Post  supa on Sun 24 Feb 2013 - 23:34

Hi i am back to report the progressive of my plan.
(1) i have successfully improved keywords search engine ranking in google.com i get on top 10-20 ranking today and start selling one by one.
(2) i have American citizen who's stay in Thailand wishing to partner with me as a business partnership to set up the company and workshop in Maryland or in Massachusetts, United States. (not yet finalize which states now on the negotiation process about investment). Once conclusion and settled, I and my partner will register a company, set up a laboratory workshop and start business. However i may not stay and work there as i don't have work permit, i only have 10 years Business Visa. So i could only visit for sometimes, all business activities will be authorized to my U.S. partner, i myself will return to Thailand to work in my workshop as usual.
(3) i was granted PKI digital certificate from the USPTO last week this enable me to filling patent and provision application for patent directly to EBC office from Thailand by myself. This will reducing cost in hiring patent attorney and etc.

So whenever i visit United States i wish to visit UIA to say thank you for everything. And if possible if you don't mind i would like to buy you a dinner and to get some advices as i don't know anyone and any places in United States. Also if i could have a chance to meet some other members to know each others that would be appreciated.

Thanks for all,
Visoot Trisaksri

supa

Back to top Go down

Post  supa on Thu 7 Mar 2013 - 9:40

Hi i am back again with a sad report .. Since 25th Feb, i had launched my product selling online. Unfortunately i have not so much sales, so i decided to give it up it wasted my time and money to continue selling it. So what should i do now ? I think being an inventor is a hard job and hard earn it is not easy as 10 years ago. I now act as an appointed agent/distributor for other company's product. I have imported the product and sell in Thailand. So most of my time now is to concentrate on sales and marketing. I have to change my character from being an inventor to business man. Hope i could make good revenue than before. // Thanks for reading.. i will come back again if i am success. This posting may be the last one and the last visit UIA website. Bye Bye Inventors.. Crying or Very sad

supa

Back to top Go down

Post  supa on Sun 27 Apr 2014 - 20:55

Back again : Hello inventors.
In March 2013 i have gave it up on my invention because not good sales.  At that time i import goods from UK to sell and now i have gave it up because the supplier has appointed other agent to compete with me, i could not survive. So i came back to sell my invention online again. But this time I hire marketing company to help my website get high ranking in Google and they did it.  After that i can sell my invention everyday over expected, till today i earn good revenue in selling mosquito collector trap and gasifier reactor stove in Thailand.  I realize that to become successful Inventor, marketing is also very important.  Thanks

supa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum